The objectives of the British Columbia Indsustrial Design Association are:
- To maintain a Register of Professional Industrial Designers in British Columbia, regulate their activity through a set of standards and ensure their compliance with these standards.
- To foster high standards of design, Industrial Design education and professional integrity as a service to the Canadian public and the manufacturing industry.
- To increase the proficiency of members engaged in the design and promotion of products destined for mass production and/or consumption.
- To participate in educational processes and to assist qualified institutions to raise and promote standards of training of Industrial Design.
- To encourage, support and coordinate research in Industrial Design and closely related fields.
- To serve as the authoritative voice of Industrial Designers in British Columbia and to represent their interests nationally.
- To promote the services and values of Industrial Designers to the business community, general public and government agencies.
- To develop a cohesive relationship among Industrial Designers, design educators and students, and related professionals such as mechanical engineers, graphic designers, furniture designers, exhibition and display designers, Interior Designers, Engineers and Architects.