Industrial Designer : Leigh IndustriesBy admin • Jun 30th, 2016 • Category: All Posts, Employment Opportunities
Leigh Industries has been designing and manufacturing high quality woodworking joinery jigs for professional and hobbyist woodworkers for 35 years. Our reputation for ingenuity, user friendliness, product quality and reliability has placed us at the top of this market segment.
Industrial designer – new product development, improvement of existing product line, and management of product documentation.
• Conceptualization and detail design of new products and maintenance of existing product line.
• Creation of product modelling and other documentation in SolidWorks.
• Management of prototyping and testing processes.
• Liaison with subcontractors and part manufacturers.
• Graduate from a recognized Industrial Design Program.
• 5+ years’ experience in design and manufacturing.
• Creative design problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude.
• Knowledge of, and experience in designing for extrusion, die-casting, injection moulding etc. Proficiency in SolidWorks, preferably with SolidWorks training accreditation.
• Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications.
• Tremendous oral, written and drawing communication skills.
• Well organized with good interpersonal skills.
• Ideally, experience woodworking & furniture building.
Our small team of talented professionals is committed to manufacturing the very best, and most innovative tools for our customers.
This is a full-time position, and under the right conditions, it may be possible for the successful applicant to work from a home office some of the time. A generous employee benefit ………..
Please respond with a resume and an electronic portfolio of products you have designed.
Additional information can be found at: